1.09.2008

Will you walk with me?

First I would like to thank you for visiting my blog. I understand there are millions of blogs on the internet these days, so for you to stumble across mine is an honor. This blog is going to be an experiment for me. I say experiment for several reasons. First, it is not going to be a blog just about me. I hope that this site will inspire people to go out into the world and give a helping hand. I do not know if my blog will be successful, however, for me not to write it, would be for me to go against what I believe. Let me explain why this going to be an experiment:

1.) The main focus of this blog will get people to act. I am not talking about giving up your profession and going to Africa for the rest of your life. I am talking about taking 5 minutes of your day, maybe daily, monthly, or even just once, to realize the need in the world to help someone. That's right, 5 minutes and you can save a life or contribute to the world. I will try to post quick and easy tips that people can do to help out. Also, there will be information on non-profit organizations that you can donate your time or money to.

2.) Visitors will also be informed of what is going on in the world. Too often do we get our information from tabloid news, if it leads it bleeds formats, and reality shows on television. However, the real issues are not said or televised on CNN, Fox News, or MSNBC. There are far worse problems than the Brittany Spears of our world and also far better stories then how to flip your house or make a million dollars. I will address these issues as they happen.

3.) Also, I will use this blog as a travel journal of my time overseas in Iraq. This is an experiment that I hope will go very well. Most Americans have no clue what is happening over there. During the year I will be there, I will post my experiences through my eyes (and stories through others'). However, this will be an experiment. Because I am a photographer in the military I have limitations and codes of ethics that I am responsible for to the military. However, I think you might be surprised on what you will hear, so stay tuned.

4.) The last concern I have is if this site will even be successful in my goal. Because of time restrictions and internet restrictions that I have in Iraq, I hope I will be able to update this site frequently, but I will not know until I get out there.

Hopefully this blog will be successful. This is not a site for me to use to gain an audience of my life or a number on a friends list. This site is a call to action and information. People need to know what is happening to our world. More importantly they need the guidance and encouragement to know that they can make a difference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is Bianca from Philly. I am walking with you and praying for peace and good health for all.
peace.

Anonymous said...

Jason-
I'll be reading and following along with you and hoping for your well being and safe return. We will all miss you a lot!
Nicole

 
Designed by Lena